Esperanza! A Woman's Hope, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) public charity committed toward serving battered women who are moving forward with their lives. This organization focuses on economically empowering survivors of domestic violence through funding assistance for job skills upgrade.
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS
• Funding assistance is awarded via an application process to survivors of domestic violence (i.e.: spousal/partner violence) within the state of Georgia who have expressed an earnest desire for job skills upgrade leading to economic autonomy.
• Recipients who have been awarded funding assistance will be offered opportunities to be mentored by individuals and groups affiliated with educational institutions, trade associations and professional organizations related to the course of study in which each recipient is enrolled.
• Career networking opportunities will be sponsored by various trade, business, and professional associations throughout the state of Georgia.
• Workshops in financial literacy will be mandatory for each recipient.
• Additional workshops focused on micro-enterprise and viable business start up will be available in the future.
DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS
Once acceptance to an accredited, state funded vo-tech school, community college, or four year academic institution in the state of Georgia has been verified, checks will be written by Esperanza! A Woman's Hope on behalf of each recipient to the institution in which the recipient is enrolled. "Special needs funding" checks to cover gasoline and child care costs while the recipient is in classes will be considered.
To encourage an inclusive sense of community for our recipients, Esperanza! A Woman's Hope offers interested individuals and groups in Georgia an opportunity to contribute to the educational and career needs of survivors of domestic violence (i.e.: spousal/partner violence) through quality mentoring on a minimum, once-a-month basis.
Individuals and groups associated with academic, business, professional and trade associations are encouraged to sponsor quarterly career networking events. Former victims of domestic violence (i.e.: spousal/partner violence), now established in their personal and professional lives, are additionally invited to extend themselves toward assisting present survivors, who find themselves in similar circumstances.
Additional mentoring programs offered as a means of emotional support during what initially may be a particularly stressful time in the recipient's life, will also be available. During this process empathy, combined with compassionate respect for the personal privacy issues associated with many survivors of domestic abuse, must be solemnly adhered to. Note: Although the importance of mentoring is strongly emphasized, it must be recognized that certain situations may preclude participation by many recipients.
IN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF OUR MENTORS
We value your time assisting women on the road to empowered survivorship! We Invite You to Recommit , Share Your Experiences, and Begin the Process Anew! We hope you'll recommend this opportunity to others as an effective means of meeting a crucial need. Don't lose touch with us. We certainly want to remain in touch with you!
Mail In Options
When mailing your donation, please print and complete this Donation Form, along with your check or money order, and mail to:
Esperanza! A Woman's Hope
PO Box 384
Lovejoy, GA 30250-0384